Tuesday, June 11, 2013

block.

when the words can't seem to flow like
they used to...in a day when misery needs company
i find comfort in my past words...
the words that lead me to the future...
i can't find them.

instead now i lay in bed for hours staring at the ceiling, lying really still in hopes of not disturbing what thoughts and images might manifest themselves into something... worth writing.
i leave lights on and candles burning all night in hopes of capturing some wonderful thought... but instead i sleep. i sleep and forget my dreams... i keep listening to songs on repeat, over and over as if to try and stay the same or repeat the feeling that his songs give me. its a new band i discovered ... x ambassadors... they hit a chord in me and now their six songs are all i can hear. i try new songs... i try new bands...new people, places, feelings, tastes, skin... emotions...
but i know exactly what i want... i want to go home and see the same faces, the familiar lines and roads to songs that i know all the words to. i know what they will do to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment