Sunday, January 20, 2013

Queen Mary morning.

Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. (Hebrews 13:1, 2 KJV)

The Queen Mary was ordered in 1929. The thick steal riveted structure sits now in the bay of long beach. What used to shuttle European royalty around, now sits still and serves a lovely brunch. The choices from all style spread across the center of the ballroom... A harpist sat at the very front, below a muted painting of peacocks and garden distress. The played soft flowing sounds, many songs familiar. I enjoyed her company for eating. The talent is leaving us... Every moment closer to gone.

Seeing her family was a secure second of serenity. The history and reminder of my parents helped. It was much needed this morning. I was thankful for the invitation. Then a rather lengthy ride through town to work. You can smell the salt today. The sun is warm and wraps around me like spring. The mood is quiet. I feel still and reflective, a bit emotionless. I have much to accomplish. 

The example of speaking to people. I need to do it more. Those around me have much to say. Much to teach. I know I have much to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment