Monday, November 12, 2012

spanish caravan - the doors


Carry me Caravan take me away 
Take me to Portugal, take me to Spain 
Andalusia with fields full of grain 
I have to see you again and again 
Take me, Spanish Caravan 
Yes, I know you can 

Trade winds find Galleons lost in the sea 
I know where treasure is waiting for me 
Silver and gold in the mountains of Spain 
I have to see you again and again 
Take me, Spanish Caravan 
Yes, I know you can

sometimes you are just something else. a being that you fail to recognize. i'm tired now, i have used all my energy for good and its time to slow down.  take in the time to be. just be. quiet. the simplicity of simple.  
water helps me relax, reminds me of my grandmother. she had the best bathtub... with all the best soaps and shampoo.  her entire life was beautiful. all the "pretties". they covered every inch to distract you from the .... 
i don't know her, i didn't get a chance. she died while i was young. her character still lives with me, the creative and curious. the freedom of living day to day.  she was how i escaped from reality. being at her house was a dream. with victorian dolls, rosebush gardens and wonderful cooking. it was  a safe haven. it helped me get my thoughts together.  the brass bedroom was mine. it was like a light blue dream that i could disappear to.  the dark trim along the ceiling had strong square detail.  the lace curtains and soft white down comforter.... it was close to my image of heaven. 

(written 11.11.12)

No comments:

Post a Comment